Our Patient Portal Allows You To...
Join Online Video Consultations
Message Us Securely
See Your Visual Treatment Plans
Access Your Exam and Patient Data
What is Teledentistry?
A virtual dental consultation, also known as teledentistry, is an easy way to receive essential oral health care without having to visit the dentist’s office. We invite you to join our patient portal where you can have a virtual appointment with our team.
Why You’ll Want to Register for A Patient Portal
We’ve adopted the leading teledentistry platform, TeleDent™. Now you can:
- Access your own patient portal from any device.
- See clinical and treatment information that Dr Middleton shares with you.
- Receive visual treatment plans for your planning
- Send in images or video of your concerns for evaluation
- Schedule live video consultations.
Why are we using Teledentistry?
During the Pandemic, it’s best to minimize personal contact as much as possible. These online dental visits help us do just that.
A typical office visit involves taking the time to drive to our office, a Covid19 symptom screening, increased use of personal protective equipment, and room sterilization. Using teledentistry we are able to minimize office visits and increase safety in the following ways:
- If you have a dental emergency, Dr Middleton is able to triage the dental emergency without the office visit, so that the correct treatment can be scheduled.
- Your typical visit to the hygiene department involves an exam by Dr. Middleton. Once again this requires the use of additional personal protective equipment. In an effort to minimize that and the amount of contact between individuals we can provide these exams virtually. Your hygienist will capture images, video and detailed notes during the visit. Dr Middleton will review those, and then have a chat with you in the portal to discuss his findings. We believe that this is a safe and effective way to provide you with the high level of care that you expect from us.
- Prior to our comprehensive new patient exam, Dr Middleton will review your forms and have a face to face (virtual) chat with you. This will be a private conversation for you to comfortably discuss any dental concerns you have – and you get to see Dr Middleton without his mask!
- We utilize the patient portal to discuss your recommended treatment – from the comfort of your home, at a time that fits your schedule and with any family members that you choose to involve in the decision making process.